Sunday, June 8, 2008

Zion National Park


We decided to head down to St. George this weekend with some family to Grant's parents house. We had tons of fun doing crazy stuff and on Saturday we headed outdoors to Zions to do some hiking. I strapped Reese to myself in a carrier and Grant and Gavin were on their own. Gavin was attached to his cousins and didn't want anything to do with his parents, so he was really on his own for almost the entire duration of the hike. Gavin is walking with his cousins Jarom and Alec in the video. He just wants to be one of the big boys! I am so amazed at how well he did and still can't believe he walked nearly the entire hike. There were a few parts where the rocks were too steep for him to climb so I carried him, but overall he was amazing. He is my little trooper. We made it to the middle pool and waded in the water, then headed back down. We had a blast and can't wait to go back.

My litte family on the tram to the trail head.


This was our group with the exception of Kaysha and Sean who were taking the pictures


Gavin, Reese and I at the waterfall before the hike really began


Gavin and I soaking our sore feet in the pool before beginning our descent.

This was Gavin about 30 seconds after we strapped him into his seat. He did so great.

1 comment:

Sarah and Dan said...

Gavin is so awesome and such the studly dudly - I love him! In the water-wading picture, I love how all we see of his arm is his tiny little hand peeking out of the bottom of his t-shirt! Your pics make me want to go find a trail....