Friday, February 22, 2008

Gavin's New bed

Gavin just recently turned 2 and with another child on the way, we decided it was time for him to move into a big boy bed. We set it up early in the day so he could play on it and we could discuss with him the whole new situation. Then later that night, we did our bedtime routine and put him to bed. We weren't sure how he would respond or if he would get up a bunch of times, but amazingly he stayed put and went right to sleep. Well, when Grant got up to go to work the next morning, he went in to check on Gavin and couldn't see him in his bed. He started looking around the room wondering where he had gone when he heard a deep breath from behind him. Tucked between the rocking chair and the wall and covering the heater vent was Gavin sleeping on the floor. We have no idea how he managed to get into that position or how long he was even there, but he never made a sound and managed to sleep peacefully through the night. Needless to say, the next evening he stayed in his bed the entire night and is such a good boy that rather than get out of bed once he wakes up in the morning, he yells from his room, "Mommy, what doing?" until I come and get him. He is too funny.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Hey Karen! Oh my goodness...I had no idea you were married...and a mommy! :) And another is on the way? When are you due? Stop by my blog sometimes...see if you remember me! :)

Ang said...

I'm so happy that you have a blog!

Congrats on getting Gavers into a big boy bed!!! I'm so happy it wasn't a big deal.


Ummmmm Kyah is still in the crib. I really need to get her a big girl bed. I'm just dreading it!

Are you having a girl or a boy???

Also, I love that you mention me in your profile!

AND we may be moving to Utah before you know it! Nate may go back to BYU. He has an interview for the MBA program in two weeks. Crazy huh.


AND way to go on quitting!!! I was starting to think you were a lifer at the good old Cougar Copy. :) Hope you enjoy more "free" time. (It's not really free with a two year old is it!)

Ang said...

PS. I love your hair cut in that picture!

Kimm said...

For some reason I left you a comment a couple days ago and it is not on there...duh! I am very glad you have a blog. Gavinator is so cute! When are you due? All these babies..my goodness..there will be 7 this year. Something is in the water!

Brandon and Amber said...

Yea for blogging! I'm so glad you stopped in at Gold's today so that we could catch up. I'm excited that you are having a girl. They are a little dramatic, but still so much fun. Can't wait to see you guys on Monday!