Monday, January 4, 2010
No More Nursery!
Gavin had his first day in primary yesterday and loved it. We were super nervous that he wouldn't be able to focus and try and shoot all the decepticons during sharing time, but he was surprisingly well behaved. Grant and I couldn't help but slip in the back to sit and watch. During sharing time they gave a lesson on your spirit and asked the question, "Who is the father of your spirit?" Someone answered Jesus to which Gavin immediately said to everyone, "Jesus was crucified. He was resurrected and some day he is going to come back to earth." It was completely out of turn, but I was so proud of my little boy. He actually is listening! They then went on to explain that Heavenly Father is the father of our spirits and that our bodies are temples. Gavin thought that was pretty funny so he chuckled and exclaimed, "My body isn't a temple!" I guess it is a difficult concept for a four year old. Gavin loves learning and sharing his knowledge with everyone and I know he is going to have a blast in primary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tiago's teacher asked the class on Sunday: "Where does Heavenly Father live?" Tiago's reply was "Mexico."
That's awesome. Tiago's comment is pretty funny too!
Post a Comment