Saturday, September 6, 2008
Hogle Zoo
After three weeks of promising Gavin we would go to the zoo, we finally called up some family and made the trip. It wasn't too hot out so it was a perfect day to spend outdoors. Gavin loved seeing the animals, but had a really hard time staying close to mommy and daddy so a lot of the day was spent asking each other, "Where's Gavin?" I remember the zoo being larger in my youth, but as an adult, it sure seemed a lot smaller. We attended a really cool bird show where the birds flew over the audience inches from peoples' heads, but I only saw the first 5 minutes because Reese started screaming and I had to take her out. Probably the highlight of the day was hearing Gavin sqeal with delight as a leopard paced back and forth in front of the window we were sitting by and a gorilla eating a huge handful of his own poop! With the awful smells of the animals, the stop and go traffic on our way home, and the image of the gorilla eating his own feces, I am extremely sick to my stomach and can't imagine another trip for a long while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
These pictures are Awesome! I am sooo jealous. I am so glad I am in the evolved stage of not eating my oen BM. Gross.
haha, my gorilla suit was totally convincing!
let me know if you'd like copies of my pics. somehow I took 120! some are even ok! :)
Oh, so that was Sean in the bottom picture. I thought he looked familiar. I always loved to let the schools take the kids to the Zoo. It was never my favorite place to go. I did like the San Diego Zoo alright. Colorado Springs has a nice one too. I think my own home can be Zoo enough for me. I think you know what I mean. I'll bet Gavin was a hoot to watch though.
Pics! Pics!
It does get smelly at the zoo, Karen, for sure. You'd think they would've all been trained by now to use the bathrooms for cryin' out loud.
Kinda like having quintuplets before they're potty-trained.
I wonder how many times during that bird show the bird that flies over peoples heads has, in fact, pooped. Just a though
You have some great pics! I can't believe how fast you and Mitsy blog! Thanks for inviting us!
Sounds like a blast!! Didn't ben used to eat his poop!! I think you should the next 5k...your gonna run with us..ok!!
So you are the one to blame for not getting an invite. Glad you had fun though!:)
Post a Comment