Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Poo poo Trouble

So I'm working out at the gym yesterday while Gavin and Reese are at the daycare and I'm feeling pretty good. I was just starting to sweat when the overhead music stops and I hear over the intercom, "Attention all golds gym members and guests, will Karen Smith, please report to the daycare." So I know that either Reese is crying or Gavin had an accident. I finish my last set and run to the daycare to be greeted with the nastiest smell you can imagine as I open the door. What was the smell you ask? Gavin unloaded in his underwear! We proceeded to walk home where I took him straight into the back yard and hosed him off in the freezing cold water. There was absolutely no salvaging his underwear so they went straight to the dumpster. Disgusting! If anybody has advice for getting him to poop on the toilet I'm more than happy to hear it.

6 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Boy, I'm glad I wasn't working that day! :) I feel your pain about poo in the undies. That's really funny that you hosed him off though! With Samantha, we let her pick out a new toy and stuck it on top of the fridge so she could see it, but didn't give it to her until she did the deed in the potty. Every kid is different though, so it might just take some time. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Keep hosing him off with the hose. As the weather changes so might he. Really. I just had someone tell me that one. I also was told to try having him clean up after himself. I don't know if the mom could handle that one though. The wonderful world of being a parent. hehehe

Shlina said...

I'm still waiting for Kenna to even WEAR underwear. At least you have him that far. She'll wear it at home, but still uses it as a diaper. I don't even dare to go places without something other than a thin cloth on her bumb!

Dad said...

I guess ol' Gav has turned into a...ready?...PARTY POOPER!

OK, I'll go to my room now.

Randy and Tasha said...

Maybe you could have him taste his poo and say if he does that again, he'll have to eat it and swallow it this time!hahaha.I'm still a new parent but that doesn't sound like a bad idea eh?PS-Tash and I have decided that we want to go on a trip with your family to some national park or somewhere cool so put your ideas together and we'll talk later.

Ang said...

I'm a big believer in charts with stickers and treats! Worked like a champ with both kids.